[opensource] Meeting [12/4]: Abusing the Unix Shell

Jim Dinan dinan at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 9 10:51:11 EST 2008

Hi Brian,

Nope, wallpaper_slideshow isn't a screensaver.  It periodically changes
your desktop wallpaper for you even while you are using the machine (ie
right click on the desktop -> "Change Desktop Background" -> ...).

By the way, I had heard that the ATI linux drivers were pretty good
these days?  Is the conventional wisdom still to stick with Nvidia for
accelerated 3d under Linux?

Best,
 ~Jim.