[opensource] Meeting [12/4]: Abusing the Unix Shell

Aaron Joseph joseph.181 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 9 21:33:01 EST 2008

It looks like there is some serious knowledge about this subject [graphics
cards] floating around the mailing list. So who wants to tell me how to get
compiz to play nice with my 2 nvidia [6800] cards? will offer a reward of $2
[us] to the person who can tell me how to get desktop effects working across
3 monitors using 2 graphics cards. I'll go out an buy 2 ATI cards if thats
the solution.... I just really only care about having burning windows!!! I
have spent a good amount of time trying to get this to work and still havent
found a solution. Just getting 3 monitors to work at all was a pain... but
now I want to complete the journey by getting compiz to work. The error I
keep getting is "compositing extension not available" or something like
that. It is very annoying and I want to get rid of it. If anyone knows how
to make this work then this is the time to speak up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Aaron Joseph