[opensource] supermodel(er)s wanted

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 12 22:37:06 EST 2008

Google has a new competition for those with skills in modeling.

http://contest.sketchup.com/intl/en/

 All it takes is for us to model OSU's campus with their sketchup tool, and
do it well. Since we have alot of buildings, this might take a while. But it
could be pretty fun.

Welcome to the 2008 International Model Your Campus Competition!

We're back with another opportunity for you to show off your modeling skills
-- and this time the rest of the world is included!

This Spring, you and your friends can honor your home turf and hone your 3D
skills by entering Google SketchUp's 2008 International Model Your Campus
Competition. Simply model your school's campus buildings in Google
SketchUp<http://sketchup.google.com/>,
geo-reference them in Google Earth <http://earth.google.com/> and submit
them by uploading to the Google 3D
Warehouse<http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse>to earn lasting
online glory and, for the winners, an Apple
iPod Touch <http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/>, a Nintendo Wii
Console<http://wii.nintendo.com/console.jsp>,
and a Google t-shirt and hat.

You may enter this competition if you are a student at a higher education
institution almost anywhere in the world. Please read the official
rules<http://contest.sketchup.com/intl/en/rules.php>before
registering. Team up with other students, or take the project on
yourself. We suggest you have a faculty advisor in order to do the best work
possible. Good luck and happy sketching!
p.s. Google also just made their blog regarding Open Source as it pertaisn
to themselves http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/
==
As per this weeks meeting, I will not be able to make it, as I have to
attend another activity (that is not Valentines day related), but for those
who can make it, I'm sure you can find something to talk about, and perhaps
someone can even lead it in my absense.

--
==
Peter Dietz

Computer & Information Science -- The Ohio State University