[opensource] Meeting Announcement: silverlight err rather SilverStripe CMS

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 26 19:24:36 EST 2008

Hey everybody,

Our meeting this Thursday will have Jim Muir speaking, developing, and
teaching about Silverstripe, an open source Content Management System (CMS)
he really likes.
http://www.silverstripe.com/

When: Thursday Feb 28 2008 @ TBA
Where: TBA
Pizza: most definitely

SilverStripe is an intuitive content management system atop a powerful
object oriented MVC programming framework, Sapphire.

The framework lets you rapidly code up the "objects" your project uses (e.g.
staff members, products, customers, along with their relationships). You
then add a few lines of code and find SilverSight has automatically added
tables and columns to the database, let you use them in your website
templates, and has added new "page types" and fields into the CMS for the
content editor to utilise. As we said; stay up late for fun, not for your
boss.

We've rethought how content editors, developers, and designers should build
and manage websites. We've arrived at a unique combination that empowers all
three to get their jobs done more quickly and with more flexibility.
=
SilverStrike was a project of the Google Summer of Code (SoC) and the highly
open participation content, and is currently under active development (just
hit 50,000 update records).

TBA = default plans are thursday Dreese Labs 266 @ 7pm, but I am trying to
schedule Scott Labs (SO) 103 for 6pm on thursday because

--
==
Peter Dietz

Computer & Information Science -- The Ohio State University