[opensource] Re: Meeting Announcement: silverlight err rather SilverStripe CMS

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 28 10:08:29 EST 2008

Update, I'm settling on Scott Labs @ 6pm tonight...

When: Thursday Feb 28 2008 @ 6PM
Where: Scott Labs 103
Pizza: free

I hope everyone can make it out to our opensource meeting tonight. I'm
trying a new location, Scott Labs (shiny pretty building with sky bridge
near Science & Engineering Library) because I think its pretty, and well it
fits with the idea of SilverStripe, that it has a great infrastructure.

SilverStripe is a MVC (Model View Controller) web development framework for
PHP5. It is listed as a CMS, but looking at the code, the CMS is just a
class/object/subset of the framework/language. Its also free and opensource.

Also, be sure to tell a friend who might be interested, we're open

Reasons for the room switch...
our speaker is mechanical engineering, and Scott Labs is the mech eng
building so as not to scare him
Dreese Labs is completely booked before 7, and I wanted to mess with the
time of the meeting, easier on the working folks

--
==