[opensource] Winter Quarter

Brian Swaney swaney.29 at osu.edu
Sun Jan 6 19:32:19 EST 2008

/Peter Dietz wrote:/
>  ** Our freedisk can also be found online as a website about
> interesting open source software for your computer.
> http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu/freedisk/main.html
> <http://opensource.cse.ohio-state.edu/freedisk/main.html> This list
> and site has been developed by Brian Swaney
Let's not forget to thank Wesley for hosting the 700 MB ISO file for the
CD version on mirror.wrpn.net/freedisk. I just took the HTML files and
changed the references to point to the actual targets to minimize
bandwidth and storage on our server (and made the original HTML files).

/Peter Dietz wrote:/
> ** Google Pizza will be something I will be doing out of our lab at
> times throughout the quarter from our office. Basically we have money
> for pizza (or other food) for Computer Science (or other like minded)
> students here on campus, and its free for the eating. I'll just need
> to schedule, or post times of when one can find pizza at the office.
Nice idea, but I see a couple of problems with it. First, the lab/office
requires keycard access, so either someone will have to stay there and
administer the pizza, we'll have to leave the lab open and unmonitored,
or nobody will be able to get in to get the pizza. The second problem is
that our lab is in Caldwell Lab, which strictly forbids food and drink.
While I like the usage of the lab, I think we may need to re-work this
idea, perhaps another location, or maybe get an exception to the rules?

-Brian Swaney

NOTE: If you respond to this e-mail, please use your OSU-provided address,
unless otherwise specified. In order to block spam, any e-mails sent here
without an osu.edu or xxx.ohio-state.edu domain will not be received and
the sender can expect returned mail. If you do not have an OSU address, I
have probably already added you to a "trusted senders" list, and you
should be able to continue communications as normal. In the event that
you do not have an OSU address, and cannot reach me, please send an e-mail
to my address of Lavagolemking at aol.com letting me know who you are, what
you need to reach me for, and what addresses you're using so I can unblock
them.