[opensource] Message/Calendaring System Recommendations?

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 16 17:09:16 EST 2008

John,

There are a couple good ones, which you would of course need to compare and
such, but here's a few ideas.

ActiveCollab ($200-$399, formerly open source??)
http://www.activecollab.com/

phpGroupWare (free/opensource)
http://www.phpgroupware.org/

Streber (free, opensource)
http://www.streber-pm.org/

trac (free, opensource)
http://trac.edgewall.org/

Other web based alternatives...
goplan http://goplan.info/
basecamp http://www.basecamphq.com/

I'd also recommend an IM, such as Google Talk.

On Jan 16, 2008 4:36 PM, john langkals <langkals at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>
wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good online calendaring/message system along the
> lines of Google Calendar?  We would like to be able to host something that
> does not include mail.  We would also like to have a system that would allow
> our group(s) to keep in touch and informed of our schedules to manage our
> resources better.
>

> Thanks,
>

> john

==
Peter Dietz

Computer Science & Engineering -- The Ohio State University