[opensource] wikipedia-related talk wed evening at UA library

Pete Wyckoff pw at osc.edu
Tue Jan 22 20:16:27 EST 2008

The ex-co-founder of Wikipedia is talking at a suburban library near
campus Wed night 7p.  Some information about the controversy at
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/18/sanger_forks_wikipedia/

At http://www.ualibrary.org/

    Meet Dr. Lawrence Sanger, Co-Founder of Wikipedia

    Visit the Tremont Library for What Do We Know?: How the Internet is
    Changing What We Think We Know this Wednesday, January 23 at 7 p.m.

    The availability of vast amounts of data online is probably very
    beneficial. Much of it is created by regular folks without the
    benefit of editors. Is this changing how we think about what we
    know? Are our standards weakening? Are we losing respect for
    expertise?

    Dr. Lawrence M. Sanger, co-founder of Wikipedia and currently
    editor-in-chief of Citizendium, presents.

More info at http://evanced.info/uapl/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=2420

    Event Type: Internet / Technology