[opensource] NOTACON: April 4-6 in cleveland

Peter Dietz dietz.72 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:16:03 EDT 2008

FYI,

*NOTACON*, an annual conference held in Cleveland, Ohio, explores and
showcases technologies, philosophy and creativity often overlooked at other
"hacker cons". Our desire is not to supplant other events, but complement
them and strike a balance that has gone unnoticed in our community for far
too long.

With each new year we build upon the successes and knowledge of the previous
years. Our goal is to enlighten, educate, and entertain attendees,
presenters, and staff alike. We try to do this by finding new ways to apply
technology to graphics, art, music, or social interaction.

Notacon espouses an ethos of exploration, participation and positive
contributions. Hence, while some of the material we may cover is
controversial or potentially "black hat" in nature, we feel it is important
to bring light to all topics so that everyone can learn from the experience
and create something good, fun or interesting from it.

==
I just wanted to know if anyone was interested in this. I am somewhat
interested in going, but would be slightly more interested if a group went
up. If your concern is logistics, let me know, as I have a car, and I'm from
Cleveland, so I might know a place to stay at.

Theres also a registration fee and such $75

--
==
Peter Dietz

Computer & Information Science -- The Ohio State University