[opensource] OT: 2.Ohio Tech Event at Polaris.

robbt at azone.org robbt at azone.org
Wed Oct 8 11:24:37 EDT 2008

Here is pro-obama tech event that I thought might be of interest to people
on this list. There is an private reception following with Brian
Behlendorf, a primary developer of the Apache web server and board member
of Mozilla Foundation but they are requesting a donation to attend, you
will have to contact Angela for details.

>From Angela Siefer:

After a month of working on it, we're finally ready to shout from our
battleground state rooftops...

Mark your calendar for October 10, 2008 at the Hilton Polaris! A
star-studded lineup of technology innovators is coming to Columbus to
discuss not only the future of Web 2.0, but also how the upcoming election
may greatly affect what they do and how they do it. This event is free but
registration is requested.  We do promise advanced registrants preferred
seating so I encourage you to register today!  Come hear what these
innovators see as the next big thing, and why they believe Barack Obama’s
technology policy plan is the right plan to help them get it done.

What: 2.Ohio, a special event bringing together two of today’s biggest
Web 2.0 innovators with  Ohio ’s technology community.

Who:

    * Reid Hoffman: Founder of LinkedIn
    * Judy Estrin: CEO of JLABS, former Cisco CTO, and author of Closing
the Innovation Gap: Reigniting the Spark of Creativity in a Global Economy
    * Michael R. Nelson: Adviser to the Obama campaign on technology
issues, Professor, Internet Studies, Georgetown  University

When: October 10, 2008, 5:30 to 8pm

Where: The Hilton at Polaris <Directions>

Schedule:
5:30    Registration and Networking (Cash Bar)
6:00    Welcome – Angela Siefer & Ben Blanquera
6:05    Judy Estrin – The Technology Innovation Gap
6:25    Reid Hoffman – The Business Side of Social Networks
6:45    Michael Nelson, Advisor to the Obama Campaign – Obama Technology
Platform
7:15    Wrap up

Register today and secure your seat!

For more information: Visit the event blog at
http://angelasiefer.com/2.0obamaohio

You can also help us by forwarding this message to colleagues and friends
who are interested in Web 2.0 initiatives and how the new
administration’s technology policies may impact, help or hinder future
innovations.

2.Ohio is being fully organized by a dedicated group of volunteers with
support from the Obama campaign. Questions can be directed to Angela Siefer
(angela at angelasiefer.com) or Ben Blanquera (benblanquera at hotmail.com).

Angela Siefer
VP of Business Development
www.lumifi.com