[opensource] Junior developer needed

Michael Benedict zosima at zosima.org
Mon Aug 3 23:04:46 EDT 2009

All,
I am one of the founding members of the club, and I wanted to share a
job opening working with me on exciting technologies at a great
company.  If you are a talented junior developer, please read further
for an exciting full-time position in the St. Louis area.

Job description:

Job Title

Software Engineer

Job Summary

Exegy is seeking highly motivated entry level software engineers to
work closely with other dedicated engineers in our Platform
Development Group.  The engineer will be responsible for the design,
implementation, documentation, and debugging of time critical,
multi-threaded, distributed applications that interact with Exegy’s
custom hardware acceleration devices.  Successful candidates should
have a strong work ethic, work well with others in a team environment,
and the ability to quickly learn complex concepts relating to market
data processing systems.

Qualifications

C, C++, Object Oriented Design, familiarity with Linux operating
systems (RedHat, CentOS, SUSE Linux), and experience with debugging
tools.  Preference will be given to candidates with experience in STL,
network programming (sockets), multi-threaded application design
and/or real-time software development.

Responsibilities

   * Strong background in algorithms and data structures.
   * Strong skills with Object Oriented Design and concepts.
   * Excellent C & C++ programming skills
   * Experience with scripting languages (shell, Perl, Python, PHP, etc)
   * Experience with debuggers and complex debugging techniques.
   * Knowledge of profiling, memory leak detection and other code
analysis tools (ex Purify, valgrind, Bounds Checker, V-tune,
CodeAnalyst, etc).
   * Skills in unit testing and integration.
   * Familiarity with the software development cycle.
   * Understanding of Unix operating systems and programming environments.
   * Understanding of distributed systems and data structures, both
in design and implementation.
   * BS or higher in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
and/or relevant industry experience.
   * Basic understanding of Intel and AMD system architectures.
   * Basic understanding of logic design.
   * Knowledge of routers, firewalls, and network management is desirable.
   * Low-level operating system knowledge and/or device driver
development a plus.

The contact for the position (the recruiter who brought me on-board) is:
Kathy Kuhrt
Sr. IT Recruiter
Solution Consultants
kkuhrt at solutionconsultants.com
636-530-4515

Just tell her you read my post.  Feel free to contact me for any
questions about St. Louis or Exegy.
Regards,
Michael