[opensource] FW: Central Ohio Python User's Group (COhPy) First Meeting

MICHAEL YANOVICH yanovich.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Aug 13 23:34:35 EDT 2009

Just thought I would share the news.

Michael S. Yanovich
yanovich.1 at osu.edu
From: Eric Floehr [eric at intellovations.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:28 PM
To: Eric Floehr
Subject: Central Ohio Python User's Group (COhPy) First Meeting

All,

PyOhio was great, wasn't it!  We are going to try to continue to keep the coolness going by starting a Python User Group for Central Ohio.

I'm happy to report our first meeting of the Central Ohio Python User Group will be Monday, September 28, at 6:30pm at TechColumbus.  TechColumbus is located at 1275 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212.

If you have an interest in Python and can attend the meeting, we'd love to have you!  Please forward this to anyone you know who might be interested, or any groups who might have members who would like to attend.

We're still in the early stages of forming a group and are in need of some volunteers.  Anything you can contribute will be greatly appreciated!

1. Publicity -- gettting the word out to other groups (computer society, linux user group, meetup, techlife columbus, etc.)  I can help give you the contacts and introduce you to the ones I know about.

2. Agenda -- soliciting ideas from everyone and putting together a meeting agenda, wrangling speakers or volunteers to talk about Python topics, and sending it out.

3. Note-taker -- someone to take notes at the meeting and publish a short summary including important announcements mentioned at the meeting.

If you would like to help out and have an hour or two to spare, thank you so much, and please let me know.

Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions for the group, please reply to the list.

For those of you whom I've met, I look forward to seeing you again in September!  For those of you whom I've not met, I look forward to the opportunity to meet you in September!

Best Regards,
Eric Floehr