[opensource] best phone company

Robert Grimm robertgrimm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:08:49 EST 2009

All phone companies suck. I've been with all the major companies. I
prefer AT&T right now because they have the iPhone, the fastest
network, and the ability to do voice and data simultaneously. Sprint
wasn't bad when I was with them. I left T-Mobile because their
coverage was terrible. At the time, Sprint had the best coverage of
companies that weren't Verizon.

I wouldn't go with Verizon until they are the victim of a hostile
takeover or lose all their management in some way. Their coverage is
great, but that is all I can say for them. When I left, they were
crippling phones and forcing people to buy extra services that they
didn't want. The phone I wanted was crippled so you couldn't use
bluetooth for file transfer. You had to buy their $70 cable.

All that said, AT&T is talking about getting rid of the unlimited data
because iPhone customers are using all the bandwidth. They're making
record profits from this, but they are doing nothing to expand their
network to support smart phones. I'm staying with them because I can't
imagine going back to a phone that isn't the iPhone.

Robert Grimm
Voice: (614) 212-4625
http://www.datablitz.net