[opensource] Printing files from the command line

Brian Swaney swaney.29 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 6 17:30:19 EST 2009

OpenOffice 3 converts .doc and .docx files into PDF, along with a few
other formats. If you are willing/able to use OpenOffice
(non-command-line program) to print, then you should be able to use the
PDF converter to get your desired postscript.

I don't know of any command-line utilities for reading Microsoft Office
format files.

-Brian Swaney