[opensource] Printing files from the command line

Mark Haffner kc8khl at arrl.net
Fri Feb 6 19:02:44 EST 2009

I don't know of any program that will allow you to convert a full word
doc from the command line, but if you only care about the text you can
check out antiword. I don't believe that anyone has updated it to do
docx files but it does doc files fine. Spits out a bit of text. You
don't really need to PDF it you could just lp the text file if you
printer plays nice.

Mark Haffner