[opensource] Printing files from the command line

Aaron Joseph bonesawosu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 20:08:18 EST 2009

> *I actually like the new version of OpenOffice. You have to install it on
> your own because they haven't included it in Ubuntu, but it imports DOCX
> files, imports/exports PDFs, and has a really nice formula editor. The new
> version of Microsoft Office is too Vista-like for me, though OneNote had
> some improvements.
> *

What does "Vista-like" mean? To me that implies that it break all the time
or nothing works with it... but I have only ever experienced the opposite of
those things when using MS office. I've had more problems with OpenOffice
than I have with word because OpenOffice seems to enjoy destroying the
formatting within a file. Microsoft may be evil, but it's only fair to give
them credit when credit is due. OpenOffice has a bit more maturing to do
before it's ready to take over the office market.

As for OneNote, I didn't even know people used it. I thought it was more-so
for people with tablets, but it sounds like you have some use for it even
though you don't have a tablet. Maybe I'll check it out sometime to see if I
like it.

--Aaron Joseph