[opensource] Printing files from the command line

Aaron Joseph bonesawosu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 00:59:51 EST 2009

> *I'm not into censorship or anything, but did you **seriously just post
> that on the Open Source mailing list? That risks getting the mailing list
> shut down, among other things including giving our club a bad name. I'm sure
> I'm stepping out-of-line here, but you're representing the entire Open
> Source Club, and that gives us a bad name, **however much we hate the DMCA
> or software patents. There are other people who read this list, including
> the CS&E staff who manage the server the list is on (one faculty advisor,
> for example, not to mention names...). At least it's **legal**open source.
> It also runs on Linux, much unlike Microsoft Office, which (as far as I've
> seen) doesn't support the formula editing native to OpenOffice. My solution
> to extortionately-priced, DRM'ed software? I just don't use it. If they want
> to water down their software with that sort of garbage, I won't use it, and
> they can't sue me into poverty for that (yet).**to use OpenOffice for
> free, and it's *

Hey, I never said anything incriminating. I was just curious if anyone pays
for software give all the free software we get from soc lab. And by ask
around I simply meant ask soc lab and oit... geez, I can't believe you
misinterpreted that one.

Plus, I don't represent the club when I ask for free stuff. That software is
for me not for the club.

Does it break for other people, or you?

it breaks for me. I have every font that anyone else would have and yet it
is very common for things that people send me to be screwed up.

*Maybe my papers aren't stylish enough, but the point is that it works great
>> for me.
>> *

Of course things are going to not change much if they start out looking
crappy. If you  had better taste in design then maybe your papers wouldn't
be so lucky.

*Well, with the [PRNT SCRN] button, it only adds the screenshot to the
> clipboard, but if you take it with [WIN]+[S] it sticks the screenshot into
> OneNote, from where you can save it as an image of several formats. That
> way, you don't have to open MS Word, GIMP/Photoshop, Paint, etc. to paste it
> into. Ubuntu saves screenshots as PNG, OS X as JPEG, and Windows just sticks
> them into the clipboard.
> *

Bad argument!!  The convenience of not having to open up word/paint/../etc
is totally nullified by the fact that you have to open OneNote.

And I'm done responding to stuff in this email because there is too much.

--Aaron Joseph
 Joseph.181 at osu.edu
 419-297-2879