[opensource] Printing files from the command line

Aaron Joseph bonesawosu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:08:19 EST 2009

> *Since one would expect that to find a disproportionately small number of
> users for closed-source, Windows-only, expensive software, why would you be
> asking the Open Source Club mailing list for advice on where to find it?
> *

Why not? I clearly got the answer I wanted... so what I did obviously
worked. That seems like a great reason to ask these types of questions.

*The words "does anyone have" followed by some arbitrary object are
> generally interpreted as a request for said object, and since you posted to
> the Open Source Club and not the OIT/CSE helpdesks it's really not implied
> that you're asking them when you say "anyone".
> *

I disagree! What about sentences like "does anyone have horrible foot odor?
"  or   "does anyone have spiders in their pants?" .  That question only
asks if someone has something and therefore could be answered with a simple
yes or no. If I asked "can someone give me...?" then you would have a
reasonable argument.

I say we just drop it all together since people are probably sick of all the
emails that this topic generated. The original question seems to have been
answered, so it's time to move on.

I think this would be a good time to remind people that they can also get
this info in batch form if you don't like that you got almost 30 emails. You
can just email me [ joseph.181 at osu.edu ] directly if you want me to change
your settings for you.

--Aaron Joseph