[opensource] Printing files from the command line

Aaron Joseph bonesawosu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 19:00:54 EST 2009

I almost want to make this a whole new topic, but I am going to resist
temptation.

I understand that learning other languages is easy once you understand 1. I
know many languages, so I'm not all that worried about resolve being my only
one. I'll probably try to develop better arguments before I go see Bruce.

The problem with resolve is that you're required to take 3 quarters of it...
and then after that it's worthless to you. It would be more meaningful for
students to learn a useful language for 3 quarter since the same underlying
concepts can be applied using any language. What other CSE classes is
resolve useful for? Maybe in 560, but java I think java is a way better
language to use in that class. You shouldn't have to learn a new language in
order to take the rest of your CSE classes. I'm not saying that java is the
ultimate language, but in my eyes it is far more useful than resolve.

In order to try to prevent this from exploding into 30 more emails I'll stop
there. But if someone wants to start a new post about the subject then feel
free to do so because I feel very strongly about the issue.

--Aaron Joseph