[opensource] RESOLVE

Daniel Zeleznikar zeleznikar.2 at osu.edu
Sun Feb 8 11:35:12 EST 2009

"ECE majors don't take language courses. We take 221,222,321,560,660 and
that's it. So resolve is a waste of time to me."

I completely agree, in fact I decided to be in the electrical specialization
of ECE for that reason alone. I figure I'm better off teaching java or c++
to myself as opposed to taking these resolve courses.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Aaron Joseph <bonesawosu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm replying to shauns message in this thread so that we dont have 3
> threads floating around.
>

> RESOLVE/C++ is definitely not C++. Not even close. It just happens to be
> built in C++. RESOLVE is about using those cryptic math definitions that
> brian mentioned, which is somehow supposed to help people understand what's
> going on. It's just a stupid concept to try to make something more
> understandable by adding these math definitions as comments. And they really
> push this idea as if it's useful. That's why I want to see some java pop in
> there.
>
> As for taking 421 or 459... ECE majors don't take language courses. We take
> 221,222,321,560,660 and that's it. So resolve is a waste of time to me. If
> they used pure C++ then I'd be totally fine with that too... but the
> bastardized version they use doesn't cut it.
>
> I'm happy that at least Brian gets what I'm talking about. The class would
> be so much better if the same stuff were done in java and if they got rid of
> the whole math respresentation thing.
>

> --Aaron Joseph

Dan Zeleznikar
daniel.zeleznikar at gmail.com