[opensource] PyOhio: July 25-26

Paul Betts paul at paulbetts.org
Fri Jul 3 14:47:21 EDT 2009

> In all seriousness, though, I feel very strongly that Ruby is hindered by
> bad development practice in most of the community.

*Ruby* has reasonable development practices, *Rails* is an absolute train wreck
when it comes to maintainability or debugging, and it's become significantly
worse even in the last year or so. In terms of the library support, it makes me
sad to say that Python has the advantage (though Ruby's RubyGems system is a
huge plus in my book, especially its integration with Github).

--
Paul Betts <paul at paulbetts.org>