[opensource] Help A Guy Recover His Lost Laptop

Shaun Brady brady.1345 at osu.edu
Fri Jul 17 19:42:50 EDT 2009

My suggestion would be to set up a Squid proxy server, and keep the
caching of all his web surfing.  He might be able to snarf some
identifiable data from this.  With the right set up, I believe you can
put these invisibly between IP hops, so it would be rather
undetectable.   Also, he could just take wireshark or tcpdumps of all
traffic coming from that port (requires a managed switch, or my
favorite, a hub).

SB