[opensource] Re: [opensource-announce] Vim! [11/17/2009]

Paul Betts paul at paulbetts.org
Tue Nov 17 23:05:49 EST 2009

Here's how I learned Vim, if anyone else is looking to continue
learning it after the meeting on Thursday (and you all should, as it
is the One True Text Editor) - print out a copy of
http://www.viemu.com/vi-vim-cheat-sheet.gif, and tape it to your desk
(or to the side of your computer if the computer is on the desk next
to you like mine is). Then force yourself to use it for everything -
the first week will suck, the 2nd week you'll be okay, and after that
you'll hate using anything else. Also, an essential component of Vim
is using exuberant-ctags - look it up and understand how it works, and
you'll get back anything you missed from Visual Studio's Intellisense.

--
Paul Betts <paul at paulbetts.org>