[opensource] iPhone python web framework

Patrick Shuff shuff.12 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 23 21:55:41 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

I have been working on a little side project recently in which I am creating
an iPhone webapp.  Before starting I did some digging and found no popular
python modules dedicated solely to providing a pretty iPhone interface, so I
just started from scratch using iWebkit <http://iwebkit.net/> and
web.py<http://webpy.org/>.
In working on this project, and refining my web templates, I feel like I am
on the edge of having a good base for a module dedicated to creating a
standard iPhone interface.  With some work, maybe it could be eventually
turned into a pretty powerful module!

By the way, iWebkit (it is GPL'd) is pretty awesome and does most of the
work (e.g. css, javascript) for the interface for us.

Is there anybody that is interested in collaborating on a project like
this?  Is there already a module out there to do this and I'm just going to
be duplicating efforts?  If anyone is interested I will get something set up
on google code and we'll have at it :)

Oh, and I am also going to plug my project because it might be useful to
some of you:

*http://osucabs.com <http://www.osucabs.com>*

I am just taking the
CABS-TRIP<http://trip.osu.edu/bustime/wireless/html/home.jsp>site and
giving it an iPhone look, although it
*should* run on any modern smartphone.  The code is all running on Google
App Engine <http://appengine.google.com> (with web.py framework, not
theirs).

Feel free to let me know your thoughts, or if you think this is a terrible
idea :)

Patrick Shuff