[opensource] Central Ohio Python User's Group: October 26 Meeting

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Thu Oct 8 06:45:10 EDT 2009

I wanted to let everyone know that our second meeting of the Central
Ohio Python User's Group is Monday, October 26, at 6:30pm.  I saw a
good number of Linux laptops at our first meeting (I'm running Fedora
11 myself) which warmed my heart.

So if you are interested in meeting fellow Pythonistas, learning more
about the Python programming language, or just want to  share your
experiences with Python and how it has helped you, please join us!  We
will definitely have fun!

Please RSVP for this meeting at:
http://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/calendar/11426002/

At this meeting James Bonanno of Atlantix Engineering will be talking
about "Electronic Design Automation with Python", including
integrating with COM, Excel, and Mentor Graphics. This talk will
describe how James used Python to extract valuable information from
one piece of software, manipulate it, and then write it to another
piece of software using COM on Windows.

In addition to James, we will also have time for lightning talks and
to talk about the cohy.org website project. There is wifi at
TechColumbus, so bring your laptops.

Pop and snacks will be provided by Intellovations.

We've gotten two more books from O'Reilly for the library: Learning
Python (which comes in at over 1000 pages) and Collective
Intelligence. Also, WingWare has generously offered a 50% discount on
WingIDE to group members...come to the meeting to get the deal.

See you there!
Eric