[opensource] We Need a Linux Install Fest!

Michael S. Yanovich yanovich.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Oct 28 21:16:15 EDT 2009

Paul, it looks like that Bitlocker is only available on enterprise and
ultimate editions of Vista and Windows 7. I am not sure which versions
Microsoft will be installing at this Install Fest but I am pretty sure
they won't be giving away there most expensive version to students.
However, I do agree that we should check with students to see if they
have it on their hard drive. Does anyone know of a way on a Vista or 7
installation of how to check if Bitlocker is in use?

Also must agree with Paul again I do like Swaney's idea of "Now that
you've got Win7, add Ubuntu as well and have both!"

I do think we should have several distributions available for users to
choose from. I was thinking this could be a start:

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, OpenSuse, Mandriva, Linux-Mint, maybe Fedora?

This doesn't have to be the "de-facto" list this can change as the date
approaches.

--
Michael S. Yanovich
yanovich.1 at osu.edu