[opensource] We Need a Linux Install Fest!

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed Oct 28 21:48:40 EDT 2009

I would suggest a broader message: one that has immediate appeal to
everyone: "get some free software for your Windows system!"

Give out CDs with OpenOffice, GIMP, Inkscape, various games (ioquake3,
etc), Pidgin, etc etc etc.

If we focus on Linux, we won't draw as much of a crowd. Free (as in
beer!) software is easy to explain, and provides immediate value to
the recipient. We can then take a moment to explain free-as-in-
freedom, and invite people to attend an open source club meeting.

Cheers,
Scott