[opensource] We Need a Linux Install Fest!

Matt Meinwald meinwald.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 29 13:04:48 EDT 2009

There was a concern that it would look "shady" if random people were
handing out CDs right next to the Microsoft event. For those who aren't
familiar with the area, this is in the basement of the Science and
Engineering Library, which has a few rooms (one of which will contain
this Windows 7 event) and a bunch of tables for group studying. If we
can't reserve another room, which is quite likely, then that would just
leave us being random people distributing CDs in the basement.

As a side note, as nice as OpenOffice.org is, I would NOT call it
lightweight, as I compiled it last night and it took over 3 hours.