[opensource] Ubuntu workshop in Digital Union

Brian Swaney swaneybr at opensource.osu.edu
Mon Apr 19 00:02:38 EDT 2010

The digital union <http://digitalunion.osu.edu/> is hosting an
introduction to Ubuntu, aimed at people looking to switch to an open
source operating system. This would be a great opportunity, if they're
ok with it, for us as a club to reach out and help spread some IT staff
spread the word about open source software. OIT doesn't often support
Linux operating systems, so I feel like we should commend it and help
them in spreading the philosophy.

 From the registration page: /"*Ubuntu: An Operating System for
Everyone* ... Considering open source alternatives to commercially
licensed software? Ubuntu is a simple, stable, and free operating system
designed to be usable by anyone, from average computer users to
community organizations and businesses. Join the Digital Union in the
Office of the Chief Information Officer to gain hands-on experience with
this operating system. We will also discuss benefits of going open
source, as well as view and discuss video interviews of leaders in local
organizations that have successfully implemented Ubuntu as a powerful,
cost-effective alternative to proprietary operating systems./"

The workshop will be held May 18th from 3:30 until 4:30 pm.
Unfortunately, I like many of our most active members, have a certain
programming class at that particular time, so I can't make it.

Registration link: https://registration.it.ohio-state.edu/node/176

--
Brian Swaney
Open Source Club at