[opensource] DD-WRT bridge and OSU wireless

S James S Stapleton stapleton.41 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 22 13:31:26 EST 2010

> I work for OIT and I can safely say that OSUwireless doesn't support router's acting as a wireless bridge. I'm not sure the deeper methods of tracking and tracing it, but
> If caught it would likely result in a wireless suspension.

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the commotion, I figured since I was only going to connect my own device to the network, only once device to the network, and not add any entry points to the network, that this would be ok. Basically the bridge was supposed to be a USB wireless card, except it connected via RJ45/cat5 rather than USB, and didn't have the driver headache.

-Jim Stapleton