[opensource] DD-WRT bridge and OSU wireless

Paul Betts paul at paulbetts.org
Mon Feb 22 13:35:44 EST 2010

So, here's a question - why does James even want to do this? What's
the problem that he's trying to solve, and can he solve it in a less
suspension-inducing way?  Also, DD-WRT bridging is very janky and
usually only works between two identical routers.

A more reliable route is where you chain DD-WRT as a client of another
AP (i.e. the DD-WRT router is both a client of another AP, and an AP
with a separate name), but you lose port forwarding when you do this,
and it still might not be kosher with OSU Wireless, since you're
essentially allowing anyone to impersonate your identity.

--
Paul Betts <paul at paulbetts.org>