[opensource] DD-WRT bridge and OSU wireless

Brian Swaney swaneybr at opensource.osu.edu
Mon Feb 22 14:35:49 EST 2010

I think this is too complicated of a solution. Why not just buy a USB
wireless card? That would be easier and more portable, plus it would not
tick off OIT. You could spend hours trying to fix DD-WRT, only to have
your account blocked and your work be all for nothing.

Also, this not only makes OIT mad, and enables other people who can use
your wireless internet access to impersonate you, but it exposes users
connecting to your AP to a possible man-in-the-middle attack, which is
part of why OIT doesn't like it. It's also potentially letting people on
the network who don't have authorization to use it. I don't recall if
it's specifically mentioned in the AUP, but I know OIT won't like it
either way.

Brian Swaney
Open Source Club at
Ohio State University