[opensource] Creating New Open Source Project

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Thu Feb 25 09:45:26 EST 2010

Andy,

I would ask a few questions first, to assess what the next step would be.

First, do you possess all rights to the code in question?

Second, what benefits are you looking for by open sourcing?  They can
be both developmental (better code), spiritual (giving back),
marketing (see what I've done), and/or monetary (making a business),
or some combination.

How do you envision building a community around the code?  How much
effort/time are you willing to spend to build and develop that
community?

-Eric