[opensource] Re: [opensource-announce] Wifi Hacking Reminder!! [1/7/2009]

richard hornsby me at rhornsby.org
Thu Jan 7 09:00:05 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Paul Betts <paul at paulbetts.org> wrote:
>> Just a reminder that tomorrow is our talk on wifi security!  You can check
>> out the talk preview by visiting the link below.  Hope to see you all there!
>
> One note I'd like to point out, that hacking Wifi networks that you
> aren't authorized to access is *definitely* illegal (not "maybe"
> illegal) and is a felony - feel free to hack your own networks all you
> want though!

What are they going to charge you with?  This couldn't be a federal
crime, so it would have to be an Ohio or local statute, no?  Not
saying it *isn't* illegal or unethical - just curious about what kind
of charges one would face for breaking into someone's wifi for the
purposes of using their internet connection.  This is of course
assuming you're not breaking into their computer to steal cc#s or some
numbnuts thing like that.

-rj