[opensource] Re: [opensource-announce] Wifi Hacking Reminder!! [1/7/2009]

Jason Palmer jalanpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:16:50 EST 2010

It looks like http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913.04 would apply in Ohio.
The question is, does hacking a router to use someone's internet
constitute "operating the property of another"? In that case, the
charge is at least a misdemeanor of the fourth degree, which means
they could lock you up for 30 days if they want, or just fine you up
to $250.

Or would it be "gaining access to a computer network"? In that case,
you've got at least a felony of the fifth degree, good for six months
to a year in prison and a fine up to $2500.

IANAL,
Jason Palmer