[opensource] Hobbyist electronic parts?

Timothy Normand Miller millerti at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jul 17 10:15:23 EDT 2010

Back in the 80's, you could walk into a Radio Shack and find it stock full of all kinds of little electronic parts.  Passive components, transistors, switches, bales of wire, connectors (both male AND female), soldering irons, you name it.  Now you can't find any of that anymore at Radio Shack, and we don't have anything like Fry's here, so I've resorted to Mouser and Digikey.  But sometimes it's not cost-effective to mail order one small component.  Does anyone know about stores where you can buy these things in the Columbus area?

Thanks.

Timothy Normand Miller
millerti at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~millerti