[opensource] Wireless Printing

Michael S. Yanovich yanovich at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 17 07:03:23 EDT 2010

Lately I have found myself in a situation where I would greatly like to
print from my laptop while at the Science and Engineering Library (SEL).
I have come across this website at the University that details how to
print via one's "Windows" machine or "Mac" machine, however, as many in
the Open Source Club, I run Linux on my laptop. I tried following the
Windows guides and installing them under Wine, however, I receive errors
that Wine can't find a "spooler" service. I assume, since I haven't used
Windows in a while, that the Spooler service does essentially the same
things as cups does on Linux.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with trying the "Wireless
Printing" on campus? Or if anyone had any insight on how to adapt this
service for Linux users?

-- Michael S. Yanovich