[opensource] Wireless Printing

Brian Swaney swaneybr at opensource.osu.edu
Wed Mar 17 09:00:28 EDT 2010

It's funny that you mention wireless printing, because I JUST asked
Uniprint last night for the printer settings. There is an article on
getting Pharos printing to work at a different school here:
http://www.byui.edu/wireless/linuxprint.htm Basically, you set up CUPS
and print to the printers like any other printer, but you need the
settings (name, IP address, etc) for the respective printers before you
can do anything. The printer drivers from their website are not going to
run in Linux, even under wine. As soon as I get wireless printing to
work, I plan on publishing a how-to on our website. I am waiting for a
reply from them.

Brian Swaney
Open Source Club at
Ohio State University