[opensource] Wireless Printing

Jude DuPart dupart.3 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 17 11:18:51 EDT 2010

Speaking on OIT's behalf, we do not support the wireless printers. And while
in most cases we are very adept at attempting to configure them. No one here
has a clue on how to and after conferring with a few people in office, I'm
actually installing linux now to see if I can't get it working. In most
cases UniPrint has less dedicated staff than we do, and in all cases, aren't
as experienced. Uniprint says they don't support windows 7, but I've got it
working fine on my machine.

representatives, I can assure you that doing that will only make it worse.
As far as supported systems go, Linux is unfortunately at the bottom and in
most cases it is there for a reason. As a Linux adopter you should already
know that you are going into the world as a minority, and you are going to
have to fend for yourself in most cases.

Thanks,

Jude DuPart