[opensource] LAN Party hosted by The Open Source Club [5/22/2010]

Alek Rollyson rollyson.3 at osu.edu
Sun May 9 20:20:03 EDT 2010

Hello All,

On *Saturday, May 22 in the Ohio Union,* the Ohio State Open Source Club
will be hosting a LAN Party from *10 AM Saturday morning until 3 AM Sunday
morning*.  Per our Free and open source philosophy, we will be promoting
games that either run natively in Linux or run well in
WINE<http://www.winehq.org/>and, while some of the games themselves
might not be free or open source in
nature, we would like to show how gaming in Linux is not a lost cause.   We
will be providing a venue for people to come out and play the following
computer games:

   - Quake 3
   - Quake Live
   - Starcraft and Starcraft:Brood War
   - Any game that runs natively in Linux (one of us will surely play and we
   are always looking for good F/OSS games)
   - If you're not sure whether a game runs in WINE or natively on Linux,
   bring it out and we will investigate together!

***We will be providing pizza around lunch and dinner times as well as
limited amounts of soft drinks (Coke products of course).***

This is an open event so anyone and everyone are welcome, including users of
all operating systems of course (these games run just fine in Windows), we
are just trying to show how Linux users are not stuck when it comes to
gaming.  Even if you have never played any of these games, but just like
gaming, come on out and we will show you the ropes!  We will be posting more
information about the LAN party as time draws closer and you will be able to
find and receive up-to-date information in the following two ways:

The LAN Party wiki:  http://opensource.osu.edu/lan

And/Or you can join our announcement list to get information as it is
released:

The LAN Party is tentatively being held in the Ohio Union Creative Arts room
but this is subject to change, you will be able to get up-to-date
information through the channels listed above. The games list is also
subject to change as we get suggestions or come up with more ideas.

If you have any questions you can send an email to lan at opensource.osu.edu.
So, join the mailing list or check the wiki for info as it is posted and we
hope to see you all there...happy gaming!

http://opensource.osu.edu
----
Alek Rollyson