[opensource] Following along during the Wifi-Hacking meeting?

Michael S. Yanovich yanovich.1 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 10 01:32:47 EST 2011

Tomorrow I'm presenting on wireless security at 7:00PM in Dreese Labs
264. I'm asking those who participate come prepared with the software
installed if possible. I know this is late notice but it won't take more
than a few minutes of your time. You can participate in helping me
produce information on any system but if you want to follow through with
what I'll be doing you'll need a laptop with Linux.

There are only two packages they you need: aircrack-ng and "john the
ripper."

Aircrack-ng is available in almost any linux distribution repository. I
know it's available in Ubuntu's and Fedora's repositories. However, for
"john the ripper" you'll need to download and compile it for your
laptop. You can find it here:
http://www.openwall.com/john/g/john-1.7.6.tar.gz

More information in general about John The Ripper:
http://www.openwall.com/john/

If you want walk through what I'll be covering, please come prepared (if
possible, with the software installed and ready to go). If you have any
trouble respond to the email or catch us on IRC and we'll help you out.

Michael Yanovich