[opensource] February COLUG meeting: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
skippy at skippy.net
Mon Jan 31 08:32:32 EST 2011
Followup-to: colugx at colug.net
Central Ohio Linux Users Group
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 from 7 PM to 9 PM local
Neal Dias, Linux Solutions Architect at Red Hat, will present Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6 which was released in November, 2010. The
presentation will cover What's New in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 which
includes hundreds of technical feature enhancements and additions. It
* A highly optimized application platform for large-scale,
centrally managed enterprise deployments.
* Enhanced efficiency with the latest generation of highly scalable
* Industry-leading virtualization performance, flexibility and
security for both host and guest environments.
* Extensive support for features designed to minimize ecological
impact and carbon footprint of IT systems.
* A platform suitable for long-term, stable deployment while able
to incorporate new technologies for physical, virtual and cloud
The upcoming meeting is open to the general public, and all with an
interest in Free Software, Open Source, Linux, BSD, Unix, and the like
There are no dues or fees.
The February 2011 meeting will be held at:
1275 Kinnear Rd,
Columbus, OH 43212
Check out the web site at: http://www.colug.net/
Send administrative mail to: colugx at colug.net with any questions.
There is a mailing list. For details see http://www.colug.net/mailing_list.php
More information about the Opensource