[opensource] Posting Issues

Daniel Zeleznikar zeleznikar.2 at osu.edu
Tue May 17 15:50:00 EDT 2011

I have been having posting issues recently that stem from a malfunctioning
SATA port (I think). Basically, it always tries to detect something that's
not there. At least half the time, it recognizes gibberish or stalls
posting. If it recognizes gibberish, booting becomes an issue. I have turned
off all possible ports and extra controllers that I could find in the BIOS.
I have also disconnected everything except the video card in testing, and
still the same behavior is observed. I am looking for a solution to disable
this SATA port entirely. Right now, I'm thinking some sort of pin
shorting maneuver, but having little knowledge of the SATA standard, I'm not
even sure which pins I would want to short. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Zeleznikar