[opensource] Looking for Partner

Rakaan Kayali kayali.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Apr 13 13:46:38 EDT 2012

Members of the Open Source Club,
As those who attended last night’s meeting know I am competing in the Ohio State business competition (1st prize of $5,000) and also the “10X” business incubator (they offer $20,000 investment for accepted businesses and will be held this summer). In a nutshell: the business allows students who have taken any class and received a certain grade to tutor this class to those currently taking it. There are thousands of classes that are offered at Ohio State while the number of classes for which tutoring is offered does not exceed 50. In short we have an abundance of supply (students who have taken classes and are not able to monetize their experience and knowledge) and an abundance of demand (students who are currently taking classes for which no tutoring is offered e.g. CSE 680). And both supply and demand are concentrated in the same geographical location i.e. campus. This is a tremendous business opportunity that I think would be unwise not to take advantage of.
I've already built a “minimal viable product” and I’m set to launch this coming Wednesday 4/18. Building a business is a lot of work for someone to do on his own and I would love to have a partner to help me create this. A bit of background on myself: I have double bachelor’s in finance and computer science & engineering from Ohio State.  The partner I am looking for is someone who has a passion for coding (hence my search in the OSC), but who also has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to play different roles as they are needed.  The product itself is focused around the website which is being implemented in php, html, css with the database in mysql. You don’t have to be an expert in these things to apply, nor do you have to have professional experience using these languages. I only require a drive to learn.
Contact me and let’s build something fantastic that helps people, gives us a great experience, and makes us rich.
Rakaan Kayali
Kayali.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu<mailto:Kayali.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu>
Cell: 563-676-9798