[opensource] Amateur Radio

Michael Yanovich yanovich.1 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 9 18:55:09 EDT 2012

There has been some interest among a few people in the IRC channel about
getting their amateur (ham) radio license.

I've been thinking about coordinating some type of informal meetings to
help those who don't have their license to study basic E&M and the rules
and regulations. The goal is to have those who are interested in meeting
up, take the technician exam together sometime in the next coming
months. We can make this last however long those who are interested want
it to. Preferentially my goal would be to have everyone interested have
their technician license by the end of the semester (December).

So, who all is interested in obtaining their technician license (or
anything beyond that)?

--
Michael Yanovich