[opensource] Amateur Radio

Andy Whitacre awhitacre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 19:54:47 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am the former president of the Amateur Radio club on campus.  Getting
some new hams would be a much needed shot in the arm for the radio club.
While we have a number of alumni members, our student numbers are
dwindling.  I have long hoped to collaborate with other technology related
clubs on campus, and this sounds like it would be a great opportunity.  We
have members (myself included) who would be willing to help teach those who
are interested in getting their license.  We have hosted license exam
sessions on campus in the past, and we could certainly arrange to do that
again in December or whenever we have enough people ready to take the test.

If anyone has any questions about anything related to ham radio, feel free
to post them and I'll do my best to answer.  It's a great hobby for anyone
interested in electronics, computers, or communications.

Coincidentally, there is a "hamfest" (flea market) this Saturday at the
Aladdin Shrine near Easton.  Admission is $5 and details are at
http://www.aladdinshrine.org/fraternal/hamfest.php  You don't need to be a
ham to attend.  I'll be there and I'll try to remember to wear my OSU radio
club name tag.

Andy Whitacre, K8ARW