[opensource] Internship opportunity at ms consultants

Abel, Jacob jabel at msconsultants.com
Thu May 24 08:11:23 EDT 2012

Disclaimer: this is an informal call for interested students to sort of
pre-apply for an internship. I have no hiring authority and the official
job opening will be posted on the ms consultants website soon.

ms consultants is a small to medium sized AEC firm with a small I.T.
department. I am currently the only intern in the Columbus office and am
leaving when I graduate next month. I've been to a few of the open
source club meetings and figured this would be the perfect way to find a
replacement for myself.

My boss is looking for an intern that:

+ wants to work year-round, not just for one quarter/semester

+ can work at least 20 hours a week (during normal business hours,
really between 7 AM and 5 PM M-F)

+ can program in/knowledge of: PHP, JavaScript, VBScript (as in .vbs
scripts, not browser scripting), Python, XHTML

+ good working/troubleshooting knowledge of Windows operating systems,
we use XP, 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008

+ is a good problem solver and who can get things done with personal
knowledge and help from the internets, he will help you with more
advanced problems obviously

That's pretty much it. If you can program well, troubleshoot Windows
issues, and work part time during the week, you're a good candidate.

Send a resume and an introduction to afarhoud at msconsultants.com if
interested.

-Jacob Abel