[opensource] PyOhio PyCamp

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Apr 17 18:09:37 EDT 2013

The Open Source Club is a sponsor of the PyOhio regional Python
conference (http://pyohio.org). This year PyOhio is adding a new
training program called PyCamp.

PyCamp is a one-week, intensive, ultra-low-cost Python boot camp for
beginners. It was developed by a Python user group and has been given to
over 1000 students worldwide. Proceeds from PyCamps are used to sponsor
Python community activities like PyOhio. PyCamp is taking place July
22-26 in the Ohio Union the week before the PyOhio weekend:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pyohio13/

In appreciation of the Open Source Club's support for PyOhio, four free
seats to PyOhio PyCamp are available to Open Source Club members. If you
would like one of those seats, please email either me or Chris Wallace
with your pitch for why you should win one of these seats. You must be a
member in good standing as of today with the Open Source Club in order
to receive and use one of these free seats. They are not transferable to
non-members.

Also, I hope you would consider spreading the word around campus and
among your friends about PyOhio PyCamp. Anyone who registers for PyCamp
with an OSU email address gets a $50 discount. PyCamp is really designed
to introduce Python to university researchers. If you know of anyone on
campus who should be aware of the PyCamp opportunity, especially within
research oriented departments, please let me know.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530