[opensource] FW: reddit co-founder coming to OSU

Chris Wallace wallace.586 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 11 19:49:23 EST 2013

Open Source Club,

Hi my name is Marek Michalski, and I am part of the executive team for the
OSU Business Builders Club. We are bringing a the founder of Reddit to OSU
this February and I am reaching out to you because I felt it may interest
members in the open source club. Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder of reddit,
spearheaded the campaign against the government censoring the internet.
Seeing as freedom of software and the open source movement relates to
freedom
within technology in the internet I wanted to let your club know about the
event. Below is the general information about the event and also the contact
information for our clubs president. If you guys would like to get more
involved beyond just coming contact him. The event is free and all students
have to do is reserve them on eventbrite.

The Business Builders Club and Fundable are incredibly excited to bring
reddit founder Alexis Ohanian to Ohio State this Spring! Alexis will be
joining us as part of his cross-country tour for his new best-selling book,
Without Their Permission: How the 21st Centurty Will Be Made, Not Managed.
Tickets can be reserved via our Eventbrite here or at www.AlexisBBC.com.

Alexis will talk about all things internet, entrepreneurship, and startups
with an emphasis on the future. The event will be held in the Mershon
Auditorium located at 1871 N. High Street on February 10, 2014. The event
starts 7:00pm EST, with doors opening at 6:00pm. Details of the event can be
found in the attached flyer as well.

We hope you will join us in welcoming an incredible entrepreneur to THE Ohio
State University as well as the fast-growing Columbus entrepreneurship
ecosystem. Questions about the event can be directed to
jay.clouse at businessbuildersclub.org.

www.businessbuildersclub.org
www.fundable.com

About Alexis Ohanian From his website, WithoutTheirPermission.com:
Alexis Ohanian is a startup founder and investor in Brooklyn, NY. After
graduating from UVA in 2005, Alexis and his co-founder Steve Huffman started
reddit, now a top 100 website. Now a reddit board member, Alexis focuses on
social enterprise Breadpig, publishing authors like xkcd and SMBC — profits
donated to worthy causes.

Alexis helped launch hipmunk and ran marketing/pr/community before becoming
an advisor and joining the fight against SOPA & PIPA. Alexis invests and
advises over sixty tech startups. He’s Y Combinator’s Ambassador to the
East, and co-founder of the non-profit IHAS.

Along the way, Alexis spoke at TED, volunteered in Armenia as a Kiva Fellow,
and was named on Forbes 30 Under 30 list two years in a row (and then
turned 30).

He proudly doodled the logos for all three of his startups and loves his
cat,
Karma.

Press Contact:
Jay Clouse