[opensource] looking for help to install Mint on a Yoga

Dennis Reeder reeder1968 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:14:22 EST 2014

I have been struggling, both desperately and unsuccessfully, to install
Mint on a relatively new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.  I have installed a new mSata
ssd into the laptop.  It is partitioned correctly.  Windows 8.1 is working
fine from one of the partitions.  A new fresh version of Mint is installed
in the other partition.  However I cannot get it to boot.  The more
research I have done the more frustrated I have become.  Particularly since
I believe that I am very close to having the project done....yet I still
cannot get the machine to boot into the linux OS.   Need GRUB bootloader,
need to disable what?  Arggghhhh.  Any hungry students that would be
interested in assisting, redirecting, helping me?  I would be more than
willing to compensate someone.  Anyone?

TIA